24/7 advice & support line
St Joseph’s Hospice 24/7 offers specialist advice to people affected by serious, life-limiting conditions.
Whether you are a person facing a new symptom, a concerned carer or member of the family, or are a health and social care professional caring for people in the last years of life, 24/7 phone line is there to support you.
Who can access 24/7?
This service is available to people in City and Hackney, Tower Hamlets and Newham including:
- patients, carers and members of the public
- primary health care teams, e.g. district nurses and GPs
- out-of-hours services
- nursing and care home staff.
The person you wish to discuss does not have to be known to St Joseph’s Hospice.
Get advice and support on:
- how to manage pain, nausea, vomiting and restlessness
- how best to support the person who is ill
- how to support distressed family members
- how to make a referral to the hospice.
- a dedicated telephone advice line
- one easy to remember number
- available 24 hours a day, 365 days per year
- provides timely advice for better care
- provides support to people in the last years of life, families and carers
- all calls are free from a BT landline.
*Please note that the 24/7 team are not able to provide counselling.
Health & safety:
- Calls may be taken by our advice and support staff, a senior registered nurse or a doctor.
- We make a record of all calls including general or nursing enquiries.
- When the query is about an existing patient we update their records accordingly.
- All queries are reviewed by senior members of the medical team every day.
- We will only give prescribing advice directly to the prescriber.
- Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
Call 24/7 on 0300 30 30 400.