- Any health and social care professional who know the patient can make a referral.
- Self referrals are also welcomed but we will contact your GP to obtain further information.
- Please complete a Specialist Palliative Care Referral Form available on our website and email to email@example.com.
- If you would like to make an urgent or complex referral please contact our First Contact Team Monday to Friday between 8.00am and 6.00pm by calling 0300 30 30 400.
- Consent is mandatory for all referrals, if unable to consent reasons for this must be clearly stated.
- The First Contact Team will make telephone contact with the patient or their referrer within 24 hours to assess if suitable for specialist palliative care services and the urgency of the referral.
- We will notify you of the proposed plan for assessment.
- Patients who require admission to St Joseph’s Hospice will be triaged and discussed at a multi-disciplinary meeting the next working day.
- Please contact our First Contact Team by calling 0300 30 30 400. Advice can be given 24/7 for those affected by a serious, life-limiting condition and terminal illness. This service is available for residents in City and Hackney, Tower Hamlets and Newham.
- We will only give prescribing advice directly to a prescriber.
All calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
Specialist Palliative Care (SPC) Community and SPC Inpatient Unit Referral Form