Whether you need advice about managing your pain, a concerned carer or member of the family, or a health and social care professional caring for people in the last years of life, you can call our 24/7 Advice & Support Line on 0300 30 30 400.
We are here to help you.
Who can access 24/7?
This service is available to people in City and Hackney, Tower Hamlets and Newham including:
- Patients, carers and members of the public
- Primary health care teams, e.g. district nurses and GPs
- Out-of-hours services
- Nursing and care home staff
The person you wish to discuss does not have to be known to St Joseph’s Hospice.
Get advice and support on:
- How to manage pain, nausea, vomiting and restlessness
- How best to support the person who is ill
- How to support distressed family members
- How to make a referral to the Hospice
- A dedicated telephone advice line
- One easy to remember number
- Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Provides timely advice for better care
- Provides support to people in the last years of life, families and carers
- All calls are free from a BT landline
*Please note that the 24/7 Advice and Support Line team are not able to provide counselling.
Health & safety:
- Calls may be taken by our advice and support staff, a senior registered nurse or a doctor
- We make a record of all calls including general or nursing enquiries
- When the query is about an existing patient we update their records accordingly
- All queries are reviewed by senior members of the medical team every day
- We will only give prescribing advice directly to the prescriber
- Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes