Working at the hospice
St Joseph's Hospice is a great place to work because you are making a real difference to the lives of people affected by serious, long-term conditions.
Who works at the hospice?
- Doctors, nurses, complementary therapists and health care workers helping people cope with the symptoms of their illness, controlling pain and managing anxiety.
- Psychologists, social workers, welfare advisors and chaplains helping people deal with the emotional, psychological, financial, social and practical impact of their illness.
- Physiotherapists, speech and language therapists, occupational therapists and dieticians helping people to be as independent as possible, for as long as possible.
- Events co-ordinators, who make life a bit more fun.
- Counsellors helping people cope with the loss of a loved one.
- Porters, domestic cleaners, kitchen and admin staff working behind the scenes.
- Fundraisers, project managers, IT staff, finance staff and senior managers who make things happen.
Together we share a vision – the highest quality palliative care and support for everyone - where and when they need it.
Key worker accommodation is available to staff who meet the criteria. Please see brochure for further information.
We are currently offering a Golden Hello for hard to recruit roles. More information on what roles are eligible and how it works can be found below.