Will writing offers
Your Will specifies how you'd like your estate (your money, possessions and property) to be distributed after you die.
If you don’t leave a Will the law decides how your estate should be passed on, which might be to people whom you'd have wished not to benefit from your estate. This could cause complications, delays, stress and extra costs for those you leave behind.
St Joseph's Hospice has teamed up with a few organisations, to help you avoid these consequences and protect the future of your loved ones and causes close to your heart. Our offers include:
If you choose to use one of our Will-writing offers, there’s no obligation to leave us a gift in your Will but we hope that you’ll consider supporting our work in this way.
Free Will writing service at the Hospice
We are grateful to local and national solicitors who have very kindly donated their expertise and time to help our supporters with making a new Will and updating or reviewing an existing one for free. The service will involve:
- Will writing seminars, every two months. These will be information sessions, which cover different topics on planning for your future including Wills, inheritance tax and lasting power of attorney.
- Will clinics - FREE face-to-face appointments with the solicitors and you can get your Will written, updated or reviewed for free.
Please click here for more information about our upcoming sessions.
Free Will writing service online
You can make your Will online and for FREE through our partners Farewill. You’ll have access to free legal support and Will checking service each step of the way. This is available seven days a week between 9am and 9pm - through live chat or telephone.
Farewill have given us a subsidised offer to enable us pay for you, the cost of making or updating a simple or mirror Will; but you may have to pay additional costs if your estate is more complex, for example if you have a property abroad.
How it works:
- Please go to Farewill website.
- Complete your Will by following the easy step by step instructions in as little as 15 minutes.
- Enter the code STJOSEPHS100 at the check-out.
Each Will is individually checked by a Will expert within 5 working days.
Once your Will is ready, you can download, print and sign it with two witnesses to make it legal.
Farewill allows you to update your Will and have it checked whenever you need to, for £10 per year.
Your free Will however comes with unlimited updates for the first 12 months and you can opt-out of the annual subscription at any time.
Home visits at a discounted rate
If you live in England and Wales, you can get a single Will written from the comfort of your home through our partners, the Goodwill Partnership, at a discounted price of £108 + VAT (£129.60).
How it works:
- Contact the Goodwill Partnership team, using the details below, to let them know that you’re interested in the service:
Call: 0844 669 6148 or
Text: GOODWILL24 to 60777 or
Complete an online enquiry form
Please remember to quote St Joseph's Hospice, London
- The Goodwill Partnership team will then ring you back to arrange an appointment at a time convenient for you. This could be during the day, evening or weekend.
- On the agreed day and time, a trained counsellor will visit you to take your Will instructions, which will be passed on to one of the Goodwill Partnership’s panel of solicitors (who are qualified and regulated by the Law Society).
- Once it’s completed, the solicitor will send the Will to you for signing and witnessing.
- You then send it back to the solicitor for checking one final time.
For more information or if you have any questions on any of our Will writing offers:
Please email Beatrice, our Gifts in Wills Manager or you can call her on 020 8525 3025.