St Joseph’s Hospice looks after and supports people over 18 years of age with incurable life limiting conditions. We aim to help people to ‘live’ with their illness as comfortably and independently as they can. We also aim to support friends, families and carers who may also be affected by an individual’s illness.
The Hospice is looking for volunteers with their own vehicle who would be paired with another volunteer to go out and collect donation boxes and donated items for our shops to raise funds for the hospice.
- Collect brief from the Hospice and then travel to that days key area(s). This will be within our core boroughs of Hackney, Tower Hamlets and Newham
- Collect and replace collection tins from pubs and local businesses
- Collect donated jumble items from homes or local businesses
- Able to carry heavier items
- Act as an ambassador for the Hospice, thanking donors for their support
Time requirement: 1- 2 days a week between Monday and Friday 10am – 4:30pm. We can be flexible and offer half day shifts to accommodate time available.
Skills and qualities required:
- Full clean driving licence
- Access to own vehicle with insurance
- Great people skills, approachable and friendly
- Reliable, punctual and committed
- Honest and responsible
- Ability to commit to regular days and times
- An understanding of, and commitment to our core values
- Meeting new people and being part of a team
- Add value to your local community
- Learn new transferable skills & improve your CV
- Meal allowance after 3 hours volunteering.
- Mileage paid for fuel used.
To apply for the role, please click on the link below:
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or would like some help in completing the application form, please contact us on 020 8525 6032.