St Joseph’s Hospice looks after and supports people over 18 years of age with incurable life limiting conditions. We aim to help people to ‘live’ with their illness as comfortably and independently as they can. We also aim to support friends, families and carers who may also be affected by an individual’s illness.
The Hospice has a Pool Car available for use and you will be paired with another volunteer so you can take turns driving, or one can park the car whilst the other collects the items.
- Collect the car and brief from the Hospice and then travel to that days key area(s). This will be within our core boroughs of Hackney, Tower Hamlets and Newham.
- Collect and replace collection tins from pubs and local businesses
- Collect donated jumble items from homes or local businesses
- Able to carry heavier items
- Act as an ambassador for the Hospice, thanking donors for their support
Time requirement: 1- 2 days a week between Monday and Friday 10am – 4:30pm. We can be flexible, and offer half day as well as full day shifts.
Skills and qualities required:
- Full clean driving license
- Great people skills, approachable and friendly
- Reliable, punctual and committed
- Honest and responsible
- Ability to commit to regular days and times
- An understanding of, and commitment to our core values
- Meeting new people and being part of a team
- Add value to your local community
- Learn new transferable skills & improve your CV
- Meal allowance after 3 hours volunteering.
- Travel paid for Zones 1-6 in London.
To apply for the role, please click on the link below:
or email firstname.lastname@example.org