Working with us is not only a great way to start and build your career as a therapist, but will also provide you with excellent skills, outstanding experience and great contacts.
Skills and qualities we are looking for
- Professional qualification in your chosen discipline – preferably Level 4 or above. Newly qualified therapists are welcome
- Good listening and communication skills and an understanding of patient centred care
- Ability to work with a diverse population of people
- Good reflective practice
- Membership of a professional body and professional insurance
- An interest in palliative care
Working one-to-one with patients, their families and carers to address their symptoms and issues
Keeping accurate clinical notes
Liaising with CT team and other health professionals in the Hospice to provide a holistic model of care
A minimum of 3 hours every week for a minimum of 6 months active volunteering. Weekly attendance is preferable, but fortnightly may be possible.
We ask that you commit to the same shift on a regular basis – Monday-Friday (depending on availability) – 10am – 12.30 pm or 1.30 pm – 4pm
Core training day, induction to CT team, and various CPD training opportunities
- Valuable clinical experience with patients and families with complex medical and social needs
- Working in one of the largest, most diverse and innovative Hospice’s in the UK, which is leading the way in models of palliative and end of life care.
- Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a health care setting
- Supportive working environment with supervision and monthly case study meetings
- Learn new skills and develop existing skills with CPD training opportunities
- Travel expenses paid (zones 1-6) and a meal provided (with 3 hours volunteering)
- Networking with other therapists and sharing skills in compassionate care
- References provided after 6 months of active volunteering
- An opportunity to rent out treatment rooms at highly competitive rates
If you have any questions or would like some help in completing the application form, please feel free to contact us on 020 8525 6032 or email Simon Bennett – email@example.com