We work closely with Richard House Children’s Hospice to deliver a young adult transition service for people aged 18 - 30. Our aim is to support young people develop and extend their independence as they move from a children’s hospice to adult services.
Young adults who come to the hospice stay in St Anne's Ward. The length of time they stay varies from person to person, depending on their specific needs.
Young people coming in for transition care can access our full range of services including:
- our information and support service
- complementary therapies (massage, reiki, aromatherapy, accupuncture and much more)
- therapies (including physiotherapy and occupational therapy)
- psychological therapies
- social work services including welfare and benefits support
- games, computers, Playstation and WiFi throughout the Hospice.
Hackney has a vibrant social scene with markets, live music, art exhibitions and lively pubs which are easy to get to. Our volunteers are always happy to assist people to get out and about and explore the local area.
As part of our transition programme, we also organise monthly gatherings. These provide an opportunity to make connections with other young adults, share experiences and enjoy activities together. They also help us to introduce our in-patient and community services. Our transition group is staffed by nurses, carers and volunteers.
To make a referral to our transition services, contact our First Contact Team on 0300 30 30 400.