Social work team
We have a team of experienced social workers who support patients, relatives and carers, both here and in the local community to deliver a wide range of services.
Our social work team can provide:
- practical support, information, advice and signposting to other services
- signposting for financial and legal issues
- links to other external agencies for example, local authority social care
- assistance to families in challenging situations for example, talking about illness to their children
- emotional and spiritual support
- support in funeral planning
- advocacy support for the needs, decisions and rights of patients in palliative and end of life care
- consultancy and advice regarding any safeguarding concerns
- providing support, training and consultancy to other professionals.
Welfare and benefits
The Hospice also has an experienced Welfare and Benefits Advisor who is able to assist patients and their families in areas such as:
- maximising income by claiming DWP benefits
- access grants and other monies
- obtain taxi cards and blue badges.
How to access these services
If you would like to find out more about these services, or to book an appointment please contact the First Contact Team on 0300 30 30 400.