Day Hospice at St Joseph’s Hospice gives people with a life-limiting condition the opportunity to spend an enjoyable, lively day with others in a similar situation, in a friendly and caring environment.
You can be referred to Day Hospice for a number of reasons, including:
- carer respite
- pain management
- psychological support
- social isolation
- symptom control.
Most of our patients are referred to us by their GP, District Nurse, Community Palliative Care Nurse or hospital consultant. If you feel you would benefit from attending Day Hospice, please talk to your healthcare provider.
Alternatively, you can refer yourself by calling the St Joseph’s First Contact Team on 0300 30 30 400.
"At Day Hospice you can make new friends, have fun and enjoy lots of laughter."
Below you can see some of the services that we provide:
- symptom advice
- advance care planning
- emotional and social support
- arts and crafts (e.g. pottery, painting, sewing and printing)
- gym group
- social work or benefits advice
- complementary therapies (e.g. aromatherapy and acupuncture)
- spiritual support from our chaplains
- bathing or showering (when available)
- an opportunity to talk to us about any issue.
We also have lots of social activities to help you get to know and build friendships with your fellow Day Hospice patients. You’ll meet other people in a similar situation which can boost your sense of well-being.
If you would like to make a referral to this service, please call our First Contact team on 0300 30 30 400.