The Islington Bereavement Service needs volunteers to support bereaved people. You don’t need any previous experience, just good communication and listening skills, empathy and flexibility.
Help others by:
- offering companionship and a listening ear
- providing emotional support
- accompanying people for a coffee, a walk or on a local community visit
- directing people to important services
What commitment do you need to give?
- We anticipate 5 – 6 hours of your time per month
- You need to attend a three-day induction training
- This opportunity suits a longer commitment of 6 months or more
What is the benefit for you?
- New skills and experience
- Supervision and support
- A reference on request
- Travel expenses paid
- Connecting with the community
Our next volunteer recruitment takes place in early 2021 with interviews for the three-day training on 25th & 26th February and 5th March.
Through our Islington Bereavement Service, volunteer Edgar was able to reach out to Eddie during his hour of need; following the loss of his Mum. Not only did Edgar support Eddie through the difficult time that Eddie was going through, but they have also formed a true friendship which blossomed out of their mutual love of music. Follow Eddie & Edgar’s story here.