A friendly, flat and fast course that runs through the heart of east London, the Hackney Half is one of the fastest growing half marathons in the UK. Starting and finishing at Hackney Marshes the closed-roads course will once again pass by some of Hackney’s best kept parks and key landmarks, including Broadway Market, Hackney Empire and the London Stadium.
Distance: 13.1 miles
Registration Fee: £15 (reduced from £25 from 26/12/21 – 26/01/22)
Minimum sponsorship pledge: £250 (or just as much as you can if you have your own place)
Taking on the Hackney Half for #TeamStJosephs will make a massive difference to us, £250 could pay for for an Occupational Therapist to assess the safety of a patient’s home in order to maximise their wellbeing and independence and also for a community nurse to visit a patient in their own home.
We know a challenge of this scale is no easy feat and that’s why we’ll be with you every step of the way from sign up to celebrating the completion of you challenge with you! We’ve got all the goodies, tips and tricks to get you there including:
- A free welcome pack including a running vest which we are sure makes runners run faster!
- Physio support to get your race ready from our partners LDN PHYSIO
- Support from our dedicated fundraising extraordinaires – phone, email or old fashioned post – we’ll be here to help you smash you fundraising target!
- The opportunity to meet the rest of #TeamStJosephs at our hospice welcome evening
- The option to share your story on social media
- Fantastic on the day support (including massages from our hospice therapists at the finish, and support from the loudest cheer point in Hackney!)
NB: As with all challenge events, this date may be subject to postponement or cancellation.
We will keep our runners up-to-date with any changes if and when they are announced.